Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sabotage

I hate the weekends! I always seem to sabotage myself on the weekends. I see the weekends as "fun food times". I know, it's only a matter of changing my outlook, but that is at times easier said than done. Why couldn't I have just been born with a "skinny" gene? LOL
I've been reading a wonderful book about learning to love myself, and I read an amazing quote. It said, I need to challenge what I believe I am, especially the beliefs that limit the expression of my life. (Like how I treat myself with food) If I am constantly treating my body like a garbage disposal, what do I think of myself. Is that an expression of love? Eating crappy food is not a reward, it's a punishment! And It's definitely not an expression of love toward myself. When we love something, we treat it with care.
So, I continue to learn on this journey. I know as I learn to love myself unconditionally, I will take much better care of my body and what I put into it.

No comments: