Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 9 Drum Roll Please

I know I haven't blogged in the last few days, but here is my final weight loss for last week. Drum roll please...
I lost 10 pounds in the first week! Yes, I am happy to say to it is working. I must admit though, just like with every diet, it isn't easy. Looking back over the last week, I have had many days where I just wanted to quit. Eating just 500 calories a day isn't easy. I have had many excuses as to why I can quit, and be justified in them. But, I keep telling myself, "I got my self into this, I have to get myself out of it". I took a picture on the first day of me to map my progress and I took another one yesterday to compare. Wow, already I can see a difference. My face isn't so much puffy and my hands and feet aren't swollen. So, here's what I ate for today:


Breakfast: Apple  70 cals
Lunch: Minute steak  170
            Broccoli      25 cals
            Melba toast  20 cals

Dinner: Taco salad :
            4 oz Ground turkey 160 cals
             lettuce  15 cals
             rotel   20 cals
             2 melba toasts 40 cals

Total calories: 520 cals

I must admit, today I spoke with my health coach who is helping me on this diet and he said I am not eating enough. Wow! I never thought I would hear those words. My goal now is to be between 500 to 550 calories. This is still a learning adventure for me. I am still determined to lose 40 pounds by my birthday. I now only have 30 to go. Yay!

No comments: