Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 10 Mourning Away Food

I am ten days into this program and last night I broke down in a moment of weakness and cheated. My daughter was having a sleepover and there was Doritos involved and out of a subconscious habit, I reached into the bag and grabbed a hand full. Once I had them in hand, I broke down and put them into my mouth. I must say, it felt like Heaven..until the second handful, when I suddenly felt overwhelmed with guilt.
This weekend has been so rough for me because I mean hey, it is the weekend you know. We usually eat out or have "fun" foods. They say that when people have gastric bypass surgery they go through a mourning process over food, I do believe that is what I have gone through today. Food has always been my best friend, my comfort. I regret to say I am up a pound but this is all trial and error and I am human, which means I will fall from time to time. But the glory of it all is, I get back up. Today I learned to plan my meals ahead. I wrote down all the food I planned to eat so I could not fail. I only ate what was written down, and no more. I am proud to say I did that! This is a journey and I caused myself to be like this, so it's up to me to fix it.
Here's what I had to eat today:

Breakfast: Egg beaters  25 cals
Lunch:  Shrimp Stir Fry with loads of veggies  115 cals
             Melba toast  20 cals
             Watermelon  60 cals
Dinner: Turkey buger  170 cals
            Rotel     20 cals
            Melba toast 20 cals
            Strawberry lemon aid  80 cals
            (blended strawberries with ice, lemon juice and Stevia)

Todays total Calories   515

No comments: