Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 11 Being Motivated By The Scale

Today I woke up to a wonderful surprise. I was down another three pounds. One of those pounds doesn't count though because I regret to admit yesterday I was up a pound. But, I understand I will have my ups and my downs. I am the type of person who has always let my moods be dictated by the scale. If I lose, I am happy. If I gain, look out because momma ain't happy and stay out of her way. On those days I feel sorry for my family.
I have always been scared of the scale. So, before getting on this diet, I decided I wasn't weighing myself anymore. It just wasn't worth the emotional roller coaster I was on. One of the requirements of this diet though is to weigh myself every morning when I wake. This is a challenge for me. Every morning I get on the scale and hold my breath. I'm fearful of what it will say. I know this is a mountain I need to conquer, but as for today, I am happy because of what it said.
So, here is what I ate today:

Lunch: Turkey Taco Salad
           Ground turkey  120 cals
           Lettuce and rotel  35 cals
           Melba toast   20 cals
           strawberry lemon aid   80
Dinner: Turkey burger  170 cals
            stir fry veggies  25 cals
            Melba toast   20 cals
           strawberry lemon aid  80 cals

I failed to get all my water in today so as I said earlier, I fear what the scale will say tomorrow. I know...."let it go Dina". LOL

No comments: