Thursday, December 31, 2009

Drink And Be Merry!

Umm...water that is. Drink water, and lots of it to help aide in losing weight. It has so many positive benefits. It flushes out the toxins, makes your metabolism burn calories 3% faster.
Other healthy benefits of drinking water are;
* regulate appetite
* increase metabolism
* boost energy levels
* less water retention
* alleviate some headaches
* help reduce blood pressure
* help reduce high cholesterol
* ease joint pain
* decrease in risk of some cancers
* less chance developing kidney stones
* release toxic waste products
* improves skin
It is recommended to drink half you body weight in ounces of water if you're trying to lose weight. I'm not there yet but I have a cool water bottle which I think is a good idea if you struggle with drinking water. It really helps me to drink more, and I look good holding it. Ha ha! It holds 30 oz. so I am on 2 a day and slowly working my way up to 3 1/2.
When I drink more water I can tell a difference, and I think it also improves my moods. So like I said, drink and be merry.
Here's tips I like to use.
*Drink a big glass of water right before you eat a meal. It always fills me up so I eat less.
*Also, I love Diet Mt. Dew so I have cut way back on drinking them, but if I drink any now I will balance it out with a glass of water. So, if I drink a glass of Diet Dew, then I will chase it down with a glass of water to balance it out and flush out the toxins that come with it. I'm not going to deprive myself of the things I like, but I will cut back on them and try to be more balanced.
So, if you happen to pass me with a weird look on my face, legs crossed and I'm walking very fast and funny, chances are I have been drinking my water!

1 comment:

Michael Wilson said...

so, what explains all the other times that you are looking weird, crossing your legs and walking really fast???? I love you....good blog.