Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Scale

I have to admit, me and the scale haven't been on speaking terms in some time. I guess you could say I've held a grudge against it. It's not exactly been on my side you know. So, I stopped visiting it.
Weighing myself in the past has always determined my mood for the day. If I lost I was happy, but if I gained or if the scale didn't move at all, well, I'm sure you get the picture. It wasn't pretty around here, let's just leave it at that.
This go around I have decided I will not be a slave to the scale and it will not dictate my moods. I determine my moods, not the scale. I am only weighing myself once a week as a guide for my progress and accept whatever it says. How I eat will determine what the scale says, so if I don't like what it says, then it must be something I ate. Whose fault is that? Not the scales! But then again...it could be a battery issue, right? Ha ha, at least I gave it a shot!
This is not a destination.. it's a process... this is a mentality. My journey will be ongoing, it wont have an end. It's a way of life and I have to come to terms with that in my head and my heart. There is no quick fixes. It is what I make it. And if I make it right, the scale and I will be back on speaking terms.
As for my second day, it was a little better than my first. I know it will get easier each day. Again, it's a process that has to be learned. I discovered a good dressing idea. Spicy mustard and red wine vinegar. Just a little of each and mix in your salad. It's healthy and tasty. I love mixing it with my spinach.
Things I've ate today:
oatmeal
Turkey chili
fruit
pasta and chicken with, ummm...garlic bread
coffee and lots of water

No comments: