Monday, December 21, 2009

Looks Can Be Decieving!

Have you ever gotten dressed and looked in the mirror and think, "Dang! I'm looking pretty good, and this makes me look skinny too!"? I know if anyone has struggle with weight issues, we all have thought that, right? Then someone snaps a picture of you in that "skinny" looking outfit, only for you later to see it and discover, that wasn't the way it looked on me earlier this morning. No, really! I looked skinny in that when I put it on! What happened?
I sometimes wonder if I have that "Body Dysmorphic Disorder". Except...mine is opposite. Instead of a skinny girl seeing herself fat, I'm a fat girl seeing herself skinny. Ha ha!
So, Yesterday we had our Annual Christmas Banquet, and I'm going to warn ahead of time, there will be pics to follow. (We'll call it my before picture.)I had my outift all planned out and I thought I was looking quite skinny and rather hot, if I do say so myself. I had on a black skirt with black boots, black top and gray sweater.
Well, my daughter was taking pictures of everyone and while I was on stage with Michael(my husband), wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, she snapped a pic of us. Today I took a peak at what she snapped, and to my surprise, I found out looks can definitely be deceiving. Talking about your disappointments. That was a real eye opener, for sure.
You hear people talk about, at the beginning of their weight loss journey that pivotal point, the "thing" that scared them into finally doing it. Well, that was my moment. Pictures, unfortunately don't lie. So, changes are in the making. I am forming a plan, and soon you will read about it. But first, here's the pictures. I really wish I could put up the image I really had in my head, you know, the skinny version. Ha ha! If only we could do something like that.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean - I have had one of those picture moments recently as well. Though I have a 'thin looking' picture up on my profile at the moment ( it's way old rofl ) but it's also at a specific angle for a reason LOL. This is a good idea Girl I may have to carbon copy you on this one.

Sharla said...

OMG this is soooo true. Alans mom had taken a picture of he and I together. I seen it and I had made a comment to him, I said, I dont like that picture it makes me look fat. Then the words that totally made me faint came out of his mouth, he said well sweetie pictures dont lie. OMG first I couldnt believe that my boyfriend would make such a bold comment but then I thought about it and it was true. OMG it was true. I am the same way, I am a fat girl that sees herself skinny.