Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What Is The HCG Diet Anyway?

As promised, I am going to explain what this program is I will be beginning.

So, what is the  HCG Diet? It consist of a low calorie diet in combination with HCG hormone treatment. During my 40 day program I will regularly take a small amount of HCG drops. This is supposed to improve glandular and metabolic function while evoking fat loss and improving health.It allows the body to tap into your body's abnormal fat deposits, like upper arms, belly, butt, thighs and hips. All the places I want to lose...lol HCG is a pregnancy hormone that allows the body to metabolize fat and use it for energy for both mother and fetus. For weight loss, they use a very small amount.

I must say, I was very critical of this diet at first. You eat basically 500 calories a day.OMG!!! That seemed somewhat unhealthy to me, until I read what the HCG hormone drops do. Since there is such a release of fat into the blood stream, I basically wont be hungry and should have plenty of energy. The HCG actually releases 1500-4000 calories per day into the bloodstream. This is the only reason why it is ok to eat 500 calories a day. The protocol provides a detox and gives your entire system rest from the onslaught of food and drinks by allowing only a small amount relatively healthy items to be processed in your body.

So, in a nut shell, I will eat around 500 calories a day, drinking lots and lots of water and taking thes drops to help heal my damaged metabolism.  I will be keeping a journal and documenting my progress here for anyone who wants to follow me on my journey.

Remember, I was the biggest skeptic about this plan, and I have tried so many diets out there with no long lasting results. This claims to heal the metabolism and flush away my fat cells so I wont gain it all back. We shall see!

In the upcoming days I will be beginning the program and allowing you to follow along with me. Again, comments or advise is welcome.

No comments: