Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 5 Mindless Eating

It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Earlier while fixing grapes for Toby, I just started popping several in my mouth without thinking. Next thing I knew, a few turned into a few handfuls. Grapes aren't on my plan. Ooops! I will have to pay more attention in the future.
Remember how I was concerned about eating out yesterday? Well, to my wonderful surprise, I did ok, well...better than ok. I got on the scale this morning and was down another 3 pounds. That's a total of 7 pounds in just five days! Wow! That just makes me all the more determined to keep on keeping on. I am determined to be 40 pounds lighter by my birthday, which is October 29th. I say it every year, but this year I really think I am going to do it.
I was still hungry today, but I can tell each day gets easier. I just need a little grit and spit..yep, that'll do it. Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: Apple   70 cals

Lunch: Turkey patty  170 cals
            lettuce w/ rotel 20 cals
            Melba toast     20 cals

Dinner: Turkey patty covered with rotel and mustard  185 cals
             Melba toast   20 cals

Snack: grapes and watermelon   70 + cals (Not completely sure)

I've had about 90 ounces of water and green tea
HCG drops
B12 drop
Calcium & potassium

Total calories for the day  555 cals

I know I went over because I had 2 turkey patties today when I should've had chicken once. Then I had the grapes.

I can't wait to get up tomorrow and see what the scale has to say!!

No comments: