Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 4 Adventures In Eating Out

As usual, soon as I get up I weigh myself, daily. Well, to my wonderful surprise I lost 4 pounds! I am 4 pounds down so far! Today was a real test for me. After church we went out to eat with friends. Eating out is my weakness. This is where I start making excuses as to why I can have this or that. I must say, there was wonderful smelling food on either side of me. But, I held true to my commitment. I ordered a plain chicken breast over a bed of lettuce with balsamic vinegar and 2 crackers. I brought my Stevia and had unsweet tea. I planned ahead and it paid off. I must say though, I am still a bit nervous about eating out because I didn't know the calories in the chicken and how many ounces it was.
I only had a small headache today and noticed I wasn't as hungry as I was yesterday. I know this is going to take time to train my thinking towards food again. Remember, the drops are nourishing me, and the food is to keep my metabolism burning.

Here's what I ate for today:

Breakfast: apple  70 cals

Lunch: Chicken breast, lettuce and 2 saltine crackers   Guessing it was 257 cals

Dinner: 3 oz. chicken breast, lettuce and melba toast    110 cals

Snack: Watermelon    70 cals

Total calories for today   507

A bit boring I know, but I am learning not to live to eat, but to eat to live. Food isn't everything, right? OMG! Did I just say that?

No comments: