Monday, January 25, 2010

A New Way Of Thinking

Did you know that you are unable to think a positive thought and a negative thought at the same time? How you think is central to the way you view yourself.
I often find myself thinking, "it's no use! I will never lose this weight!" Or "it's all or nothing".That's my stinking thinking taking over when that happens. I just read where I can challenge my thinking by thinking on better things. Philippians 4:8 says; What ever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. 
I've got too many good things going for me than to waste my thoughts on negative issues in life. Sure! I want to lose this weight...but thinking I'm a failure isn't going to get me there any faster. So, why not think my way thin?
Life is a process, and so is my health journey. I'm going to approach each day with the attitude that  I do the next right thing.
I always used to hate that saying , "Life is like a box of chocolates" because it made me want chocolate! Yeah yeah, you never know what you're gonna get, but I know also that I can make my own destiny. I can stay the way I am or change it. And a box of chocolates aint gonna make it better. Maybe for the moment with pleasure but then after I eat the whole box I will feel bad about myself, again. I'm looking for the end results.
I can't do this all on my own. I keep trying and failing at it. I need to rely on God's power to change my thoughts, which will change my actions. You see, I have a food addiction, but that's just a stronghold in my life. It's something I gave power over to, to control me. Strongholds are meant to be broken or replaced. I'm replacing one stronghold with another, food for God. Psalm 144:2 says, He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge.
Those have been my thoughts, what have you been thinking about? Have they been positive, or negative? Is it time for a change? For me it is!

Food journal:
This weekend has been a bust when it comes to eating so today is a new day, thank God! I love Mondays because it brings back routine.

No comments: