Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Missing Link

What is it? For me...energy! It seems I have been missing this and didn't really realize it until I found it again. Since eating healthier something amazing has happened. I am regaining energy I didn't realize I had lost. In my case, I didn't know what I had until I found it. I have noticed over the last few days I wasn't "requiring " my daily coffee. I have been drinking an enormous amount of water though and I think that has replaced the need for my coffee. Today I felt good enough to actually clean my house.

The other night I watched The Biggest Loser and had an interesting eye opener. The shows doctor evaluated each team and gave each team a task. One task was for one team to look at all they used to eat in a day and the trainer Julian had to eat it. She was so accustomed to healthy eating so when she tried to eat the junk food it was making her sick and she couldn't finish it.
That just goes to show, you really are what you eat. It reminded me of way back when, when I ate healthy foods all the time. I looked better and felt better too! Now when I am tempted with bad food choices, I am going to think about what it did to Julian on The Biggest Loser.

All in all, I have been doing very well and starting to reap the benefits too. I've set up an accountability board around me to keep me accountable and motivated. I encourage you, if you're struggling, find a way to stay on track. Set up boundaries and find others who will hold you accountable. Set up a "no fail zone".

Now for some tips.
  • Baked sweet potatoes- bake them in the over and make up several so You can have some set back for later. ( I will post a recipe on this)
  • Prepare your foods in advance- I am making it fail proof. When I fix something like chicken breast, I make several and put in baggies to have later for a quick protein snack.
  • If you are struggling with drinking so much water, try some decaf green tea with a touch of Ste-via or Splenda to add flavor. I make this up in a big pitcher and sip all day on it.
  • Don't go more than 3 hours without eating. Fuel the metabolism by eating.

No comments: