Saturday, August 11, 2012

No Pain, No Gain

I have pain! Oh the pain! Since gaining back all my weight, I have had a lot of set backs to exercise. The most recent set back is, the pain in my feet are back and I have developed a heel spur. I find it funny, when I am not really able to exercise, that's when I want to.
 We just moved into a beautiful neighborhood and the streets are all lit up at night, and I discovered, with the heat, its actually very peaceful to walk at night. Plus, I work nights so things get very stressful here and if I get a break, a nice walk around the block is good to relieve the stress. The problem is, the next day when I wake, I can barely walk, and I am all swollen.
 For me, it's a catch 22. I need the exercise to lose the weight, but I need to lose some of the weight before I can exercise. Im looking into a bike when the finances will allow. That may help. And no one at night will see a crazy fat blonde circling the neighborhood 5 or 6 times riding a bike screaming, weeeee. Ya, it's been a while since I rode a bike, can ya tell?
                                                                                                                                                                 

OK, so here's a tip for today. I hear so many people say, I hate water. Well, if you wanna lose it, ya need to drink up and drink plenty. There is a product called Mio, that you squirt into you water for flavor. It's expensive so I discovered Walmart has a brand of their own. One flavor is called Cherry Limeade! Oh come on...who doesn't love Cherry Limeade?  And speaking of cherries, I have discovered a new love in fresh fruit. Fresh cherries. They taste just like a mini plum. It's good to try new things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been drinking my water. I try to hold myself to one diet coke a day. sometimes two but rest is water or the packets you put in your water. I knew this.... but you know all these diet plans you see on tv is nothing but portion control. they charge you all that money for their food and all we have to do is control our portions and exercise. exercise ....... whew now that's a mountain I am having to defeat in my life. sharla